This week we didn’t have anything due, just had some assigned reading and should have gotten started on the project for next week. As I went through the reading and videos assigned, I realized how complicated it is to set up a usability test with mobile, and how none of the solutions I have seen really feel very natural, with the mobile device in some sort of cradle or a fixed camera. When I’m using my phone, it doesn’t stay in one spot, but I’ll bring it closer to my face if I want to concentrate on something.

I’ve been thinking about how I would set up a mobile usability test, trying to keep it as flexible as possible, but it’s not easy. I still have to figure things out better for next week’s assignment. I think it’s a good assignment in that it makes me think. It should be interesting figuring out how to solve it.

Categories: UX Design

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *